CEI is a full-service Housing Counseling Agency, certified since 1996 by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Our goal is to support educated, responsible new homeowners/ship and to help existing homeowners maintain their homeownership. We provide both individual counseling and classroom education to help prospective homebuyers understand financing, budgeting, and the homebuying process. We also provide foreclosure prevention counseling and advocacy, and help residents prepare for the new court foreclosure mediation program.
CEI provides education to existing and potential homeowners on the following topics:
- Homeownership - CEI is an affiliated hoMEworks educator. hoMEworks is a network of Maine housing providers and educators created to support a consistent, high-quality consumer education program for homebuyers. Classes in homeownership are held regularly at several sites in the midcoast region. The purpose of the Homeownership Education Course is to help people prepare for and be well-informed about the process of buying a home. Purchasing a house is the largest financial transaction most people ever make, and it is one of the best ways to build equity for the future. A well-informed consumer is in the best position to plan successfully and make good decisions. The fee for the Homeownership Education Course is $30 per person/$50 per couple.
- Owning and Managing Residential Properties - CEI also conducts a landlord class for owners and prospective owners of 2 to 4-unit rental housing properties. The fee for the Owning & Managing Residential Properties is $35 per person.
08 Jun 2013 9:00 AM • Westbrook Community Services & Adult Education, Fred C Wescott Building, 426 Bridge Street, Westbrook
17 Jun 2013 6:00 PM • Money Management International (MMI), 111 Wescott Road, South Portland
13 Jul 2013 9:00 AM • Westbrook Community Services & Adult Education, Fred C Wescott Building, 426 Bridge Street, Westbrook
For more information on these courses, please contact Peg Grant at (207) 882-7552, ext. 5177.
For an online Homebuyer Certification Course option, please visit http://www.ehomeamerica.org/ .
CEI is a comprehensive Housing Counseling Agency that provides one-on-one housing counseling assistance to Maine residents. Bilingual (English & Spanish) counseling is offered in:
- landlord/tenant relations
- foreclosure prevention
- homebuyer guidance
- finding resources for home improvements
- accessing various services and programs such as the Low Income Heat and Energy Assistance Program
- any other areas of interest to the client
To speak with a Housing Counselor, please call 207-882-7552.
There is no cost for housing counseling services.
For more information on Housing Services, please contact us by e-mail , or call 207-882-7552, ext. 5126 .