INVESTMENT OFFICER NEW MARKETS TAX CREDIT PROGRAM - Portland ME
CEI Capital Management LLC (“CCML”), a for-profit subsidiary of CEI, is an investment management company facilitating and managing financings of real estate projects and operating businesses in low-income areas, using the economic power of federal tax credits available through the New Markets Tax Credit (“NMTC”) program.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Officer (IO) assists in sourcing, analyzing and closing complex financial transactions of $500,000 to $20,000,000+ across the nation. The IO originates, structures and assists in closing New Markets Tax Credit investments with a focus on long-term project viability and generation of significant community impacts.
Responsible for deal screening, transaction due diligence, drafting Letters of Intent, writing investment memoranda and other documents, front end financial analysis, spreadsheet modeling, NMTC compliance testing, legal documentation review and providing assistance in closing transactions.
Manages day-to-day aspects of deal structuring and closing.
Manages day-to-day aspects of pipeline origination and screening process.
Interacts with project sponsors, capital providers, accountants, and lawyers to explain and negotiate specific deal points.
Works collaboratively with CCML’s Asset Management and Compliance staff to ensure ongoing portfolio maintenance and early intervention for any impaired asset.
Builds and maintains an up-to-date in-depth technical knowledge of the NMTC regulations and deal structuring issues. Acts as a source of technical expertise to CCML colleagues and stakeholders in transactions.
Summary of Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications include an undergraduate degree in business with a financial concentration or a mathematical bias and at least 5 years of experience in a transactional or analytical environment.
The preferred candidate would have an MBA or CFA designation and 5 years of experience in middle market commercial banking or commercial development finance.
- Experience evaluating and/or closing complex financial transactions; direct experience with commercial real estate.
- Ability to undertake rigorous analysis of complex financial transactions.
- Ability to communicate with legal and financial professionals.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with capital sources.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability.
- High degree of independence, self-motivation, and self-direction.
- Ability to develop and execute business strategy and procedures.
- Excellent analytical, decision making and abstract reasoning skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members to accomplish organizational goals.
- Ability and true willingness to support CEI’s mission of “3E” or “triple-bottom-line” underwriting which considers returns from Economic, social Equity and Environmental impacts.
- Strong computer skills, especially spreadsheet and database applications, presentation preparation, and document production.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Compensation is competitive, based on experience and relevant skills. CCML offers excellent benefits, including health/life/disability insurances and a 401(k) plan.
Please send cover letter and resume to Valerie Mercer, Human Resource Consultant:
The Board and staff of CCML value diversity in all aspects of program participation and employment. CCML is an equal opportunity provider and employer.